The Energy Markets Analyst role is the lifeblood of Voltus. You will make the Energy Markets team work more efficiently, gather deeper understanding of data, and provide key insights to drive decision making that will shape the future of demand-side energy management. This multifaceted position plays an integral role in helping our customers profit from their involvement in energy markets. If you are bright, gritty, good, and intellectually curious, and if your brain marries creativity and technical diligence, you’re a great fit!
- Understand the role of demand response and other distributed energy resources in energy markets
- Assist in the registration and enrollment process of demand response assets to various grid operator programs
- Manage key components of energy market financial settlements
- Develop analytical tools to support the operational needs of our market activities as well as the customer-facing needs of our Sales and Marketing efforts
- Define and implement processes and procedures to support flawless execution of our day-to-day responsibilities
- Support other demand response market activities, including auction and asset optimization analyses
- Work across teams, including Sales, Finance, Product, and Operations to improve the profitability of our portfolios
- Support efforts to influence regulatory proceedings to benefit distributed energy resources
- Experience in the demand-side energy industry or familiarity with utility business operations and ISO activities.
- Exceptional Excel skills. Analytical and business applied Python a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Uncommonly driven to succeed and maniacally self-initiated
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.